Welcome to the ‘Talk on Water’ online community
If you are not happy with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use the online community.
- “We”, “us” and “our” refers to SES Water.
- “Content” means everything contained in, or accessible from, the online community which has been produced by or on behalf of SES Water. “Content” does not include Postings made by members.
- “Postings” means all information, data, artwork, text, photographs, videos, messages and any other material which you or any other any member posts on or uploads to the online community.
- “Website” means the website which hosts the Forum. These terms and conditions only apply to the website which hosts the Forum.
- “You”, “your” and “yours” refers to you, the person using the online community
Changes to Terms
From time to time we may make changes to these terms, this will be done without any specific notice.
If the terms and conditions do change, the next time you login you will be presented with the revision and asked to agree to the revised terms before proceeding to use the online community.
- This community contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this community, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- If you would like to create a text link to the online community from your own, you do not need any permission for this. However, we reserve the right to require you to remove any such link if we do not feel that it is appropriate.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the Content, nor its suitability for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this community is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- The experiences, ideas and opinions posted on the online community are those of individual members. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted. People who work at SES Water will participate in conversations and provide accurate information and answers to questions as needed. We cannot, in any circumstances, accept responsibility for errors or omissions in any of the content of this website, or for any action or decisions based on the content. Neither can we be responsible for the consequences of reliance on any content no matter how it is presented. Any advice given by SES Water on the online community will be of a general nature. Specific enquiries made by online community members in regards to their own account or service will be removed from the online community and, with the member’s permission, passed onto the SES Water Team who will respond as they are able.
- You are responsible for all your Postings (“Your Postings”). If you did not create Your Postings yourself, you are responsible for obtaining the owner’s consent to use it on the Website [or in connection with the online community].
- The online community works best when users can share, and access, each others’ Postings. You are welcome to upload Your Postings as you wish, subject to these terms. In order to share fully, and make the online community a success, we need your permission to make Your Postings available to other users. By using the Website you agree to grant us a worldwide, royalty-free license to use Your Postings. We have the right to download and copy Postings for content analysis and customer research purposes. Findings from the discussions, surveys and polls that take place on the online community may be used in other communications activity, however all members will be completely anonymous.
- This license will not be exclusive to us, in that you can allow other people to use the material too. The license is also transferable in that the material can be used by, for example, other site users, or sub-contractors of SES Water.
- While we host the online community we are not responsible for the content of the Postings, which are provided by site users. We can have no liability for any losses or damage which are in any way related to the content of these Postings.
- If anyone notifies us that anything in Your Postings has infringed their intellectual property rights, we may withdraw any, or all, of Your Postings immediately, in order to investigate such claims.
- If anything in Your Postings is found to have infringed another party’s intellectual property rights, and we suffer any losses or damages as a result, you agree to indemnify us against all claims and proceedings arising from such infringement.
In order to keep your personal information safe, we would recommend that you do not include any personal information, whether about yourself or someone else, in Your Postings. You need to be aware that, if you include any personal information in Your Postings, it may not be secure. If you include personal information about other people you may be liable yourself and may also do something which makes us liable. You agree to indemnify SES Water and any relevant third party against any claim or proceeding which is related to any personal information in Your Postings.
Moderation and member conduct
- You are responsible for how you behave towards other users of the Website. Explain will act as site moderator, and will monitor any disputes between individual users, and we cannot be responsible for resolving them.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- If you would like information on Google Analytics cookies please visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Your use of this community and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the Website and/or the online community at any time without notice. Equally we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your individual registration at any time. While we would try to explain our reasons for doing so, it may not always be possible to provide such an explanation at the same time as the suspension or termination.
Third party links
If you are unclear about anything in these terms, or have any queries about anything relating to the online community, please contact Explain Market Research by emailing email@example.com
By accepting these terms and conditions you will be automatically opted in to receive marketing communications from SES Water, but only about the online community. If you wish to opt out of these marketing communications you will also be opting out of the online community and will no longer be able to be a member.
Information we collect
Upon registration Explain collects user profiling information, inclusive of;
- Full name
- Email address
In running and maintaining this online community we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when complete your user profile or participate in community content.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorized persons within Explain Market Research and SES Water, to;
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you and for market research purposes. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To inform you of any changes to the online community, such as new content and updates
- To inform you of incentives and competitions within the online community, such as prize draws and surveys
Information within your user profile may be shared with SES Water as required for market research purposes. Information that can be passed back to SES Water is inclusive of;
- Full name
- Email address
- Profiling information
- Activity levels, including; last log in date, last participation date
- Postings made on the online community
Where your data is stored
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations inside the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
When you sign up to our email alerts
We use the WordPress platform and Dotmailer for our email alerts.
When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
Your email alert preferences can be updated at any time in your user profile settings.