This notice outlines how SES Water and Explain Market Research, use you personal data when you sign up to, and participate in the online SES Water community. SES Water has commissioned Explain Market Research (an independent market research agency http://www.explainresearch.co.uk/ ) to build and manage this Community on their behalf.
If you register and create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own username and password, and we will ask you for a valid email address. We need this information to create your account, and to be able to identify you on the Community. We will also ask for further profiling information such as gender, date of birth and profession. The collection of such data is used for research purposes and to simply inform SES Water about the demographics of their members.
Only your username and self-selected photo will be shared with other users; we recommend that you choose a username which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information in your postings. We will use your email address to communicate with you, in terms of updating you when there is new content on the Community, with opportunities to take part in market research or other topics related to the Community.
In running and maintaining this Community we may collect and process the following data which is collected by Explain Market Research and shared with SES Water:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Your email address and and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you complete your user profile or participate in community content.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorized persons within Explain Market Research and SES Water to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send transactional emails to users relating to the SES Water community, including but not exclusive to; new content, prize draw information, changes to Community terms and conditions and privacy notice, and user account queries.
You can unsubscribe from the SES Water community or delete your user account at any time by clicking here and selecting ‘leave the community’.
Information within your user profile may be shared with SES Water as required for market research purposes. Information that can be passed back to SES Water is inclusive of all data collected. Any contribution that you make to the community, such as commenting on posts or creating discussions can be seen with your username attached by other members of the community, including SES Water staff members. You can use the ‘anonymous’ option to contribute to the community without your username attached, in which case other members of the community and SES Water will not be able to view this linked to your username.
Where your data is stored
Personal data provided by you on sign up will be stored electronically in secure servers within the UK. Your data is stored on our Microsoft SharePoint servers.
The company we use to develop and host our community platform is bound by a contract that ensures your data is managed in accordance with UK Data Protection laws and that it acts only on Explain Market Research instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal data secure.
If you have any queries or complaints about the way your data is handled please contact Explain using the details below. You can also request a copy of the data held on you using these details.
Telephone: 0191 261 5261
Further information on the SES Water privacy notice can be found here