This page informs you of our policies regarding data collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the Community.
SES Water has commissioned Explain Market Research (an independent market research agency http://www.explainresearch.co.uk/ ) to build and manage this Community on their behalf.
If you register and create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own username and password, and we will ask you for a valid email address. We need this information to create your account, and to be able to identify you on the Community. We will also ask for further profiling information such as gender, date of birth and profession. The collection of such data is used for research purposes and to simply inform SES Water about the demographics of their members.
Only your username and self-selected photo will be shared with other users; we recommend that you choose a username which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information in your postings. We will use your email address to communicate with you, in terms of updating you when there is new content on the Community, with opportunities to take part in market research or other topics related to the Community.
In running and maintaining this Community we may collect and process the following data which is collected by Explain Market Research and shared with SES Water:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you complete your user profile or participate in community content.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorized persons within Explain Market Research and SES Water to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you and for market research purposes. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To inform you of any changes to the online community, such as new content and updates
- To inform you of incentives and competitions within the online community, such as prize draws and surveys
Information within your user profile may be shared with SES Water as required for market research purposes. Information that can be passed back to SES Water is inclusive of all data collected.
Where your data is stored
All data is stored within the EU.
You can request a copy of the data held on you via the following details:
Data Protection Lead
Explain Market Research Ltd
48 Leazes Park Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 261 5261