Thank you for visiting the SES Water online community we can't wait to hear from you! Here are a few pointers to get you started...
The Talk on Water is a place for our customers to chat with one another, share their experiences, thoughts and ideas and have lively debate about all of the services we provide. On your home page you will see a feed of discussions, polls and surveys which we would love you to get involved in.
- Discussions are specific topic areas or questions where you can provide your comments
- You can also start your own discussion by clicking in the ‘start discussion…’ banner at the top of your feed. Simply input a ‘discussion title’ such as ‘recent events’ and then in ‘your comments’ add in the comments you’d like to make and questions you’d like to pose to the rest of the community
- ‘Surveys’ are sets of questions on specific topics that we’d love you to take part in – you’ll be redirected to a partner site to complete these
- ‘Polls’ are single questions that are quick and easy to answer – simply click on the option you’d like to vote for
We will be adding new discussions, surveys and polls regularly, so you can keep checking in to see what has changed.
Experiencing a problem? Check out some frequently asked questions below:
How do I change my password?
To change your password make sure you are logged in and click on your user icon at the top right of the homepage, then click ‘change password’ on the dropdown menu. You will need to input your current password for this to update.
I can’t upload a profile picture
To upload a profile picture make sure you are logged in and click on your user icon at the top right of the homepage. You will then be taken to ‘my profile’ where you can update your picture. Click on ‘choose file’ and select a picture you have saved on your computer to upload. Please note the file type must be .jpg .png or a .gif file.
How do I post a discussion?
Discussions are a way for you to talk about what matters most to you. It is easy to start a new discussion:
- Click in the ‘start discussion…’ banner at the top of your feed
- Input a ‘discussion title’ such as ‘recent events’
- In ‘your comments’ add in the comments you’d like to make and questions you’d like to pose to the rest of the community
- Once you’re happy click ‘start discussion’ to post this on the feed
How do I vote or comment on a poll?
Polls will appear in the central feed with all other content. If you do want to look for what polls are currently running, click on the ‘type’ dropdown at the top of the feed and select ‘polls’ – this will filter content to only show polls. All poll votes are anonymous.
If you have already voted in a poll once you won’t be able to vote again, but you will be able to see how the results have fallen across members.
You can also leave a comment on any polls that are live. For comments your username will automatically be attached, but if you don’t want your name to be visible, tick ‘post anonymously’, before clicking ‘submit’.
If you have any other problems not covered here, please send us an email via the ‘contact us’ page.